CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lego Birthday Party

Hi Fellow Crafter's

Recently my youngest turned 5 and he is totally in love with lego----so it was natural that for his birthday he wanted a lego theme.  I was pressed for time, so had to come up with quick and easy decor ideas.  Some I found on the web and others I was able to throw together chop-chop.

First I found this on the web
1. lego kirigami -> here  
which I changed into this



then I designed these



And this is how I used them

First one above were printed on A4 sheets of cardstock to represent "hanging" lego blocks for room decor.
The second one was the base for the invitaion, I just typed over the "lego" block with the party details.

The third I printed onto A4 paper and wrapped around a juice carton. (one A4 covers 2 cartons)

My son loves to have a pinata so of course I had to make the easiest one I could think of a "LEGO" block, easy enough I took a plain rectangular cardboard box covered it with one layer of paper mache and took some styrene cups I cut to size and covered with the traditional crepe paper and viola - ok so it's not so pretty but the kids loved it :-)

And no party would be complete with out the party favor boxes- again I went the easy route with a 4 stud lego block ie a square ready bought (gasp) box ti which I added punched out circles raised using double sided tape.






The cake was also a lego block dressed up with some of my sons lego figures. Super easy a rectangular cake and six inverted cupcakes! Not a good pic so I added one of my other sons cake, which was also a lego block.

Thanks for looking and happy crafting.

3 comments:

Mim said...

Love it, Paola! I have a special someone wanting a Lego party this year as well, so will have to see what I can come up with to complement your fab ideas. Wish we could have been there!!

Lilly's Home Journal said...

You are so cleaver!!! Great job!
Love reading your blog!
Lilly

Laura Argelati said...

Hi I'm Laura from Italy...I read often your lovely blog and now I start to follow you... :D

Laura from Italy